The website is updated on Sundays and I look forward to seeing insight into the lives of people I don't know. And everyone is just walking around out there carrying their burdens. We come across these people every day! Many of the secrets are common among people. We have challenges. We have things we don't share. We don't want people to know. We do this because even though humanity strives "not to judge," it is a fact of life. We don't share because we are afraid of others knowing our true selves. We think, "Oh if they only knew the real me or what I felt or thought about this, then they will think I'm a bad person and they will leave." So we hide these thoughts and feelings. And they become secrets. And sharing them anonymously allows us to purge ourselves of worry. I have thought about it many times but I never know which secret I would write.
I'm going to share some now.
1. When you are talking to me and I don't respond orally, it is because I want you to shut up. Now.
2. I run down one of the busiest streets in my city during a high traffic time because I want people to see me and think, "Wow. She's athletic. And hot."
3. Sometimes I think I'm better because I've done things independently.
4. I'm afraid I'll never fall in love because I'm too intellectual and independent. I wonder if I should dumb it down and seem helpless. It never works. Vicious cycle.
5. At a size 2, I still don't like my stomach and want to fix it. Women can never win.
2 comments:
I've seen the book of these postcards before. I was so intrigued I stood in the aisle at Barnes and Noble reading them for 30 min.
And as for your last secret...it's one we all share. Even skinny celebs. See http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/05/got-cottage-cheese/
Yeah, PostSecret is so interesting. I shared the last secret because I know it is so common to women...no matter what we look like and what size we are.
Post a Comment