This is how I know I'm old...
1. I was at the mall tonight, walked through the 'juniors' section and thought, "Oh my gosh! What is up with that style? What are girls these days wearing?"
2. Walking throught the same section, I saw some brown pajamas with gingerbread men on them, and candy canes, and all things Christmas-y. They were so cute and I thought, "Wow, I'd love to put those on right now and climb into bed with a cup of tea and a good book." I also secretly wondered if they had 'footies' on them. Footies are perfection.
3. Tomorrow is Friday night. Instead of planning an outing with a guy or friends that includes dinner, drinks, dancing, and partying...all I'm hoping for is to cook a good meal, get a good work-out in, and attack the pile of ironing that is growing and sporting dust in the corner of my bedroom. I'd absolutely be thrilled to be in bed by 10pm. No regrets about not going out to live it up as a single 27-year-old. None.
4. I went to dinner with some friends and the daughter wanted to "SIT BY MISS ROSE...MISS ROSE WILL YOU TAKE ME TO THE BATHROOM?...MISS ROSE YOU DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I type in all caps because she talks in ALL CAPS. ALL THE TIME. She's precious. Anyway, she's 3 and asked if "I could be her mommy next time." She doesn't quite realize that her mommy is absolutely wonderful and surpasses anything I could ever be. But she made my ovaries hurt a little when she asked and it made me feel old...like I should have a kid or something. Or at least that I could try it out for a while. Until it got too hard and then I'd give her back. LIKE WHEN SHE TALKS IN ALL CAPS. ALL THE TIME.
These are just the things that make me feel old today. I'm sure I'll have an entirely new and comprehensive old-timer list tomorrow. Complete with Ben-Gay and Metamucil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment