Two days in a row of blogging! Let's all take a moment and drink it in. I know you are pleased...as am I. And why am I pleased? And why can I guarantee that I'll write a lot this week? SPRING BREAK '08 BABY! WOO HOO!
Yesterday, I alluded to the fact that my trip to Arkansas included a plethora of hick-type-folk. I regret saying that. Mostly because I am from a state that has dust storms and tumbleweeds and it's fair share of trailer parks. Therefore, I have no biznass degrading another state's paltry IQ levels. But I also regret that statement because it's just not accurate.
In the great state that I live in, we can claim a consistent amount of crazies and hillbilly events. Take me, for example. In the above paragraph, I actually used the words, "hick-type-folk." And I bet my fellow Texans didn't bat an eye when they read that. Also, it rained dirt today. Yup. Dirt and mud. I went outside and saw raindrops on my car and said, "Well, DANG. Shore look like it done rained pure mud, y'all. J'see that?" And my momma said, "Yeah, girl. I see it. I reckon I hadn't seen rain like this since when I'ze at school at Tech. We had mud all over our umbrellas!"
That converstaion is pretty exact, minus the fact that I spoke in perfect grammar and she didn't use the word "reckon." But that part about Tech....yeah, she totally said that. And...WELCOME TO LUBBOCK, Y'ALL.
Now that I have rambled on an incredible tangent about all things bumpkin, I am deciding that I'll recount my trip to ArKansas tomorrow.
I know all y'all can't wait. And yes, it is correct English to use the phrase, "all y'all."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment