I just babysat the two most endearing identical twin girls ever created by God. No, not Mary Kate and Ashley.
I rocked little Morgan to sleep and then she woke up because she wanted more time with me. After her bottle, which she most pleasantly took, she just nuzzled next to my neck and let me rub her back. She made sweet, "ahhhhhhhh" noises as she filled her lungs with big, deep breaths and then drifted off into sleep. It's like she just wanted me to come over and hold her. I told her I loved her.
And then Taylor woke up and she asked me to rock her to sleep, too. She kept her eyes on mine and said she was glad I'm friends with her momma. I'm glad I'm friends with her momma, too. Taylor was asleep in no time but I held on to her a bit longer to smell her sweet baby and formula smell. I wish they could bottle that special little scent into an elixir. I told her I loved her, too.
Five month old babies do crazy things to a lady. Even the most rational, busy, and independent of women can't resist soft skin and little hands gripping your finger. It's like God is telling you, "Yes...I want you to do this one day." It stirs the most genuine of longings.
I remember in college how Loop called me to tell me, "You won't ever believe this but I met the COOLEST GUY! I'm sending you a picture right now...go check your email!" I told my roommates that I needed to drive to see her STAT because I was afraid aliens had infiltrated my most stable and ungirly of friends. And here she was just GUSHING about some random "dude who is SO FUNNY AND SO COOL." Seriously, it was like Loop was having an out of body experience...and I was too.
It's Morgan and Taylor's parents' third anniversary on January 15 and they have created this most precious family. I'm so glad they're here to let me share life with them.
Happy annivesary, Loop! You make a great momma. Dude, and that husband of your's is such a COOL AND FUNNY DUDE! Dude.
Post Script: Comprehensive List of Men We Love (or Think Are Hot) is in the draft stages. It is sweet my friends...gloriously and breathtakingly sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment